29 May 2010

Bolo de Bolacha - Cookies Cake




The picture shows a cookie´s cake my daughter did (with my help).
She´s only ten but loves to cook and bake.
Well, I guess she´s got me as inspiration :)
"Bolo de Bolacha" is so easy to do... and kids love it:

Ingredients:

~ 3 packets of cookies (Maria type)
~ 2 cups of coffee to soak cookies
~ 250 gr vegetable butter
~ 200 gr sugar

How to do:

1. Mix well butter and sugar until you get a cream.
2. Soak cookies in hot coffee for a few moments. I put coffee in a soup plate and soak cookies two by two so they don´t smash.
3. Make one layer of cookies and cover it with cream. Repeat the process until you have used all cookies.
4. Cover the cake with the rest of the cream. Decorate at taste.
You can serve the cake right away but I like it fresh so I put it in the fridge for a few hours.
You can find "Bolo de Bolacha" in most Portuguese littoral city restaurants. I´ve tried another version of this cake in Restaurants. In this other, but also very yummy, version the butter cream is replaced by Chantilly.

Bom Apetite!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so important to get kids involved in cooking from and early age. Well done a delicious effort.