20 June 2010
Spiral Pasta With Mushrooms, Bacon & Sweet Corn
Pasta recipes are in my "Top 10" favorite dishes because they are versatile, easy to cook and one tray serves, at least, four meals. Most pasta recipes I cook are still good the next day so there´s never leftovers.
The picture above shows a mushroom, bacon, sweet corn and cheese spirals pasta before going to the oven. Here´s how I do it:
~ 2 Cups spiral pasta
~ 1 Small can mushrooms
~ 1 Onion
~ 1 Teaspoon olive oil
~ 100 gr Bacon slices
~ 100 gr Sweet corn
~ 200 ml Béchamel Sauce
~ 100 ml Milk cream
~ 150 gr Cheese
How To Do:
1. Cook pasta in salted water (+/- 10 minutes) and reserve.
2. Fry chopped onion, bacon slices and mushrooms in olive oil.
3. Mix pasta with mushrooms & bacon. Put the mixture in a large oven tray.
4. Add sweet corn, cheese, Béchamel sauce, milk cream and sprinkle with dry oregano leafs (optional).
5. Take it to hot oven (220ºC) for 20 minutes, until the cheese melts well, and it´s ready to serve.