19 January 2011

Portuguese Chicken Piri-Piri

Hello everyone.
I´m back with a post about Portuguese Chicken Piri-Piri. A Portuguese Menu reader asked me about this popular dish so when I went to "Churrasqueira" restaurant I remembered to take some pictures to share here.
Churrasqueira is a big restaurant located in Faro, on the road to the airport. The restaurant is big, well decorated and has excellent service. As part of the decoration there are a few sets of nice hand-painted tiles with chickens, very funny.
Chicken Piri-piri is a Portuguese specialty. Here in Algarve there´s "Frango à Guia" which is similar to the chicken in the pictures above. Very small chickens are seasoned with a special seasoning (garlic, lemon, salt and other ingredients) before grilled. Chichen Piri-piri is served with french fries, salad and rice. Here´s the pictures:



















Yummy!

4 comments:

Russ aka Grampy said...

Very nice. I just love Portuguese food.Just the right spices and the right amount.That dish looks delectable.

Jen - Dinnerware said...

Happy new year, and best wishes for a great year in 2011.

Mizé said...

Russ:

Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

So...you enjoy Portuguese food! You have good taste :)
This Chicken dish is my favorite..it´s so good...words just can´t describe how good it is, only tasting.
I adore Italian food too. My kitchen is a mixture of so many different things :)
Best Regards

Mizé said...

Thanks Jen!
Wish you a great year too :)