4 February 2011

Fruit Of The Season




Hello fellow foodies,
Incredibly, it´s been over one year since my last Portuguese fruit post. So, today, I´m publishing a picture of Portuguese Winter fruit goodies.
All the fruits in the picture above are Portuguese, except Mango which is imported from South America.
Bananas are from Portuguese island "Madeira", Pears are Portuguese "Pera Rocha" and Clementines are from Algarve. Apples are also national production but I´m not sure where they came from, probably from Portugal center region.
Add some slices of Pineapple, Peach and Kiwi and you´ll have a great fruit salad just like I usually do. I also like to add strawberries to my fruit salad but, currently, we don´t have any fresh ones. We will only have fresh starwberries by the end of Spring. I will try to remember taking photos the next time I do fruit salad.
See you xx

No comments: