26 December 2008

Pumpkin & Carrot Purée

Hi. Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Mine was very good, TG.
Today´s recipe is a warm vegetable soup for the cold days we´re having here in Portugal. It´s one of my soup´s recipes and I like to call it Pumpkin & Carrot Purée. This soup is healthy and very easy to do:

Ingredients:



~ Potatoes (4, small)
~ Onions (2, medium)
~ Carrots (4, medium)
~ Pumpkin (1 slice)
~ 1 Table spoon Olive oil
~ Water and salt
~ Boiled eggs (1/2 for each plate)

Directions:

Cook all vegetables in salted water with half of the olive oil. You can use a pressure pan. If you like thick purée, use just enough water to cover all vegetables.
While the vegetables are cooking boil some eggs. I use only half for each plate.
Blend the vegs. Add the rest of the olive oil.
Serve with the eggs:



Sometimes, instead of adding boiled eggs I use fresh coriander. Coriander contrasts with the sweet of carrots and pumpkin and adds an excellent taste to this purée.
Bom Apetite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this recipe and for your wonderful blog! My old roommate was Portuguese (I live in the U.S.) and he used to make wonderful dishes from your country. I'm so glad that now I can make them too!