~ 2 Oranges
~ 4 Eggs
~ 50 gr of Liquid Margarine
~ 1 Cup of Sugar
~ 2 Cups of Self Rising Flour
1. Grate the orange peel first then make juice;
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar until creamy;
3. Add butter and mix well, then add the orange peel and juice;
4. Add the flour, one cup at the time. Beat for two more minutes or until it makes bubbles.
5. Bake: 30/40 minutes in 200ºC oven.
A few tips:
* This recipe works well with orange, lemon or mixture of both.
* Don´t grate the white part of the orange skin, it´s bitter.
* Always use the eggs at ambiance temperature.
* I always use both margarine and flour to cover the baking pan.
* As topping you can make an orange caramel: mix fresh orange juice with sugar and take to low stove for five minutes or until it caramelizes.
** I´ll post some pictures later.