10 September 2010

Yogurt Cake Recipe



My daughter loves cooking and baking so I´ve been teaching her simple recipes such as "Cookies Cake", "Scrambled Eggs" and "Omelets".
A couple weekends ago, I thought her how to bake "Yogurt Cake". This recipe is a "piece of cake" because we use the yogurt plastic cup to measure all ingredients:

Ingredients:

~ 4 Eggs
~ 2 Yogurt cups
(natural or flavoured)
~ 2 Cups sugar
~ 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
~ 3 Cups flour
~ 1/2 teaspoon of powder yest


Directions:

1. Prepare a cake pan by spraying butter and sprinkling with flour. Preheat oven at 180º C.



Beat whole eggs with sugar until creamy.





Add yogurt, oil and mix well.





Mix powder yest with flour and add to the mix, beat well until it bubbles.





Bake for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes in the oven, use a small stick to check if the cake is well done inside.

Yogurt cake can be filled or covered with any type of cream. Last time I baked this recipe I used natural yogurt but many times I use a banana or strawberry flavored yogurt. A simple but lovely cake for tea.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm going to try this sometime this week. That looks delicious!

Catherine said...

Mmmm, this looks good!