Today´s post is my recipe of a Portuguese sweet I enjoy very much, it´s egg pudding, "Pudim de Ovos", in Portuguese.
~ 7 eggs
~ 3 Cups of milk (7,5 dl)
~ 150 gr Sugar
~ Lemmon or Orange peel
~ For caramelized sugar: 1oo gr sugar
~ For a thicker result add 1 soup spoon of corn flour (mayz flour) or other type you use for sauces. Little pieces of bread also works well.
1. Put the sugar in the pudding pan and melt it in low temperature to obtain caramelized sugar. Spread the caramel in the pan with the help of a spoon.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar for 3/4 minutes, add warm milk and beat for more 2 minutes.
3. Add lemmon or orange peel, or both.
4. Cooks for 30 minutes in a steem-pan or for 45 minutes in the oven. If you cook it in the oven you need to use a tray with water, "banho-maria".
I use a steem pan. You can see in the picture how my pudding looked half cooked:
5. When cooked (you can use a thin stick to check it), let it cool. Before serving, put it in the fridge for some hours (3/5).