Bacalhau à Brás is a typical Portuguese codfish recipe. You can find this codfish dish in good restaurants countrywide.
Here´s my recipe:
~ 300 gr of dry salted codfish
~ 4 potatoes
~ 1 small onion
~ 1 garlic clove
~ 3 eggs
~ fresh parsley
~ 1 bay leaf
~ 2 tablespoons of olive oil
~ oil to fry potatoes
1. Boil the codfish. Remove skin and fish bones.
2. Beat the eggs, add fresh parsley finely chopped and a pitch of salt. The codfish is already salted so you don´t need to use more salt. Reserve.
3. Peel potatoes and cut them in small pieces. Fry potatoes in oil:
4. Chop the onion into a cooking pan, add the olive oil, garlic glove (peeled but whole) and one bay leaf. Fry for 2 minutes in low heat, add the codfish and fry for 2 more minutes, mixing well so the onion doesn´t burn.
5. Add potatoes and, finally, the eggs. Cook for 3 minutes, until eggs are done.
I like to serve Bacalhau à Brás with lettuce salad.
Typically, this dish is served with olive oils too.